Monday, August 1, 2011

Interlude

The current plan has us leaving at 8AM tomorrow, Wednesday, flying to London, changing planes, flying to Chicago, changing planes, going through customs and US Immigration, and arriving at MSP 9:50 pm on Wednesday.

Lou Bender originally offered to pick me up, but that was over a month ago. Is that still on offer?

And can someone contact Bob about bringing LiJun? I miss my sweet baby girl so much!

According to her medical report, Vindya is 109 cm tall and weighs 17.4kg. Can someone translate this into car seat requirements and see what she needs?

The plan today is to do pretty much nothing except relax and get packed for tomorrow. I have about half a dozen posts about various aspects of our travels that I have started and not finished, and I'm hoping to get them done and posted, if Little Miss Activity gives me enough space.

Finally, I'd like to draw your attention to the right hand column, where there is a link that says, "Make a tax deductible donation." That goes to Brittany's Hope. They just notified me that I am just over $200 short of my funding goal with them. Once the account gets to $2500, they will cut a check for $5000 to cover my expenses. If you haven't donated yet, and you feel so inclined, please click on that and chip in a few dollars. 1) It's tax deductible, which will be nice come next April. 2) It will help me out. 3) If more than $2500 is raised, the extra will go towards matching grants to other families who are adopting. It's a good thing all around, and this is all I'm going to say about it.

5 comments:

  1. All fingers (and toes) crossed.... Travel home safely. If you need a ride, let me know.
    By the way, do you want me to pass the Brittany Hope link to the halau?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juli,

    The Forseen's will be there and we will look into the car seat for vindya. If it is reasonable we will pick up for you.

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be glad to contact Bob -- can you email me (michele@michelestmartin.com) with your flight information, if you don't want to post it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in touch with Bob, Michele.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete